Bangalore traffic craziness

This city is going to die very soon; that's what it looks like to me. Its going to EXPLODE! People have no driving sense and there are more vehicles on road than recommended. The sad truth is the infrastructure is so poor that i am surprised there are so many vehicles being registered. In addition to the traffic craziness we also have garbage issues, bad roads, corruption, increased crime rate and pollution. I am already having this urge to move out from this city.

I commute from home to work and back home five times a week. It's been over a year now and on each passing day i see the matter getting worse. People just dont seem to get it. Following simple rules like speed, lane discipline, waiting at the signal etc is out of the window. The worst for me is this crazy honking. Today i am feeling the pain in my ears and hence this post. I don't understand why people honk. It looks to me that everyone is in a hurry to catch a train. Imagine a wonderful morning from home going bad because of idiotic citizens in the city. I once asked my colleague to stand at one spot on a busy road and tell me if he experienced even a second of NO HONKING! He failed.

I strongly believe that the government is not to be blamed for this. Off course they are to be blamed for not enforcing such rules however these are basic rules that every citizen needs to follow. The example of a good city lies in the hands of the people who call it their home. I go to this tea shop from work and the keeper of the shop has a bin for people to throw their tea cups into. Many just don't do it. They just throw it on the ground. The result of this is garbage and clogging of water leading to stagnation. It's a simple example. Expand this to other cases and you will realize that a citizen has more responsibility that he thinks he has.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hero Honda Hunk - Competition to Apache Yes / No?

Expensive and Worthless!! What do you say?